Friday, April 11, 2014

You can always C.H.A.N.G.E!

 31 Mar
 
Well as for this week! We had so many tender mercies. I can honestly say this week I used my time more wisely than I have before... we had heaps of things we needed to take care of with the Zone and preparing for baptisms... but when we were on our way places we talked to every one we could!... On the way to the baptism both my companion and I taught like 4 lessons, pamphlets and all... and just showing the Lord that we were willing to go for it... He placed people in our paths!.. I had like.. no joke.. 3 people stop me specifically saying.. "I've been looking for a church! I'm interested in learning from you!"... I even had this guy approach me and said "I used to be a Jehovahs Witness... when I decided to search around other religions.. ALL of my family and friends disowned me... why would God leave me stranded for 5 years?!?"... We were in a rush so I said to him.. "What if I told you I can answer your question.." And he looked like a deer in the headlights.. gave me his number and we're planning to meet with him this week... 

It teaches the simple principle that if we do all we can... we follow EVERY prompting and do our best... the Lord will trust us with the big promptings and literally place people in our path... You look at Thomas S. Monson with his HUGE list of experiences his personal ministry holds.... it's because he follows this. 

I'm excited though for this and next transfer.. Got 11 weeks to give every thing I have.


 Apr 7

Well for this week... It was awesome blossom! I'm really grateful for my companion.. He's only been out for 8 months now... and he's killing it!.. Usually you would imagine for a missionary being out 22 months.. you would have to slow down to teach him some things of ZL life... but noooo! He's keeping right up with the pace.. So it's been awesome! We did 5 hours of finding on Tuesday and we saw absolute miracle after miracle! We set a really high baptismal goal for these last 2 transfers... so we know we are going to have to sacrifice to obtain it... So we're starting to do finding on P-Days.. during some lunch and dinner hours.. we're gonna do all we can to reach it!.. 
We already have one super solid potential that we just found.. his name is A. He's super prepared! So we know if we keep going, the Lord will place even more prepared people in our path. 

It's amazing the capacity you build over time to do things... When I first started the mission.. I wouldn't of dreamed... of skipping meals to work... of finding or teaching on P-day... nor constantly facing rejection day after day and continue to work happily... And I always find it interesting that the antidote to fix something... is usually ALWAYS what you don't want to do.... for this is how I've come to build this capacity... I used to hate finding... so how did I grow to love it?... I did more finding than I ever have to develop that love... Maybe one day I'm not in a good mood and I don't feel like smiling... So how do I get in a good mood?.. I smile!.. And be as positive as I can... It's just as Gordon B. Hinckley says.. "The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone else who is even more tired.".. For that is how the Saviour saved us from our fallen state... How do you pay the price for the sins of mankind?.... Suffer more than they can even comprehend... 

I'm grateful for Jesus Christ.. it's because of Him that we are able to change.... (I love acronyms and making words from them... so I recently made one for change...)

You can always C.H.A.N.G.E!... Because:

Christ &
His
Atonement
Never
Get 
Exhausted

His is called an infinite Atonement because you can use it and never have to worry if it's a burden or if it's too much for Him.. He paid the ultimate price of any thinkable sin that you could make..It can never be exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment