Monday, June 2, 2014

God Calls Imperfect People

We went on 4 trade-offs this week.. had my last Zone Training Meeting.. AND had to prepare a Stake Missionary Fireside.... farrr outttt I've had the best sleeps every night this week... I was so dead haha. But some of the highlights... 
 
 It's amazing.. looking back on my mission... I've truly been blessed from being trusted by my fellow missionaries!... Ever since I became a Zone Leader about a year ago.. I remember going to my first Mission Leadership Council and thinking... "How on earth am I to lead and inspire a Zone?".. "All of these missionaries are SO GOOD... how am I going to step up?"... But right then I decided I wasn't going to even compare my attributes of leadership to theirs.. I just thought of what meant most to me... All of my leaders... Their teaching skills and finding was HEAPS good... but after all was said and done I realized what I remembered most was their love and care for me.. So I made the resolve that when someone thought of 'Elder Ball'.. they wouldn't say "Awhh he was a beast teacher!"... but rather.. "He was a friend... and he truly cared about me.. and loved me"... And I worked for that ever since by serving missionaries... and every thing else came with time.. It's actually pretty funny.. We were in Stake MCM.. and President Hamilton asked President Howes.. "Who's a dynamo in your mission?.. Someone who is just amazing".. And President Howes thought about it.. then looked at me and said "Elder Ball!" He then went on to explain why... but to be honest.. I could care less! My ministry isn't about my teaching.. But my care for others... 

The reason I bring this up is because this Elder I've known for a long time.. I was on trade-offs with him and he just broke down crying asking for help... Long story short.. I was able to pray for the Spirit to inspire me and give him appropriate advice... In result.. I've never seen him this happy.. in a long long time.. I'm grateful that God calls imperfect people to His ministry so that we may be instruments in helping to bring about great things here in this short time on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment